NEW YORK – Selina, the fast-growing experiential and lifestyle hospitality brand targeting Millennials and Gen Z travelers, announced today that it has celebrated the opening of eight new properties in Greece, in Australia, Portugal, Panama, the United States, Morocco and Israel during the second quarter of 2022. It also signed eight new properties, a 17% increase compared to the first quarter of 2021, in Australia, in the United States, Greece, Mexico, Portugal, Panama and Israel, during the same period. These new properties advance the company’s mission to redefine the future of travel by creating destination experiences that resonate strongly with a large cohort of underserved travelers who spend an estimated $350 billion a year on travel. from Selina.
Together, these new property signings and openings cap off a very productive quarter for Selina, which included the launch of an enhanced app to enhance guest experience and connection, as well as a partnership with TechnoArt to provide digital nomads with the guidance, support and resources to grow and scale their businesses. Additionally, the company announced the appointment of Eyal Amzallag as Chief Operating Officer and Lena Katz as Chief Technology Officer to continue its efforts to build a highly experienced management team that brings diverse perspectives from relevant industries. . With these openings and signings, Selina expands its portfolio to 163 open or secured properties in 25 countries and six continents. Selina also continues to improve its operating platform as the company moves towards profitability.
Rafael Museri, co-founder and managing director of Selina, said: “We are excited to continue Selina’s expansion across six continents, allowing us to further immerse our brand’s programming, events, entertainment, dining and nightlife into the fabric of local communities with authentic destinations. and relevant to locals and travellers. In doing so, we are able to create value for local property owners, jobs for local residents, and dynamic and engaging travel experiences for our loyal network of adventurers, remote workers, and digital nomads. The breadth of our portfolio and customer base, as well as the enhancements we are making to our platform, help drive revenue during high and low travel seasons and give us confidence that we will continue to be able to evolve responsibly and sustainably in the years to come.”
The eight newly opened properties include:
- Selina ParosGreece: The picture-perfect Selina Paros is nestled on the world famous kitesurfing destination, Pounda Bay, opposite the tranquil island of Antiparos and minutes from the airport and main port of Parikia. Just a 20-minute flight or 2.5-hour ferry ride from Athens, this Greek cultural gem is made up of traditional white buildings, crystal clear waters and vibrant nightlife. On-site features include kitesurfing, snorkeling and stand-up paddleboarding activities, an outdoor pool with a cocktail bar overlooking the sea, a rooftop restaurant, a wellness studio, a terrace yoga, a curated calendar of musical events and a comfortable coworking space.
- Selina BrisbaneAustralia: Whether guests want to hit Kangaroo Point for breathtaking views and an adrenaline-inducing abseiling session, kayak along the river, explore Moreton Island or catch some rays and people watch on Streets Beach, Selina Brisbane puts them at the center of the action. Located within walking distance of Roma Street Station and Suncorp Stadium, Selina Brisbane offers a full range of newly refurbished en suite rooms. Visitors can choose from stunning private accommodations or sleep in one of the property’s state-of-the-art community rooms. On-site features include a restaurant and bar, an outdoor cinema terrace, free Wi-Fi, a co-working space, a library area, and a fully equipped common kitchen with two ovens as well as all the tools needed to cook. create meals that taste like home.
- Selina EvoraPortugal: Located near the medieval walls of Porta de Alconchel, guests can immerse themselves in the fascinating history and rich culture of Selina Evora. Just 10 minutes from the UNESCO World Heritage Site and the city center, visitors can spend their days wandering the narrow streets lined with whitewashed houses and exploring the inspiring cathedral and cloisters, Giraldo Square and grand columns of the Templo Romano, as well as sample local delicacies, sample traditional Alentejan cuisine, or venture into rustic vineyards and sip Portuguese blends while admiring breathtaking views. On-site facilities include a swimming pool and bar, restaurant, cafe, wellness and fitness center and co-working space.
- Selina Boquete, PanamaPanama: Escape to the mountains of western Panama and disconnect in nature at Selina Boquete. Located in the heart of Panama’s coffee region, in the shadow of the Barú Volcano, Selina Boquete is located on the city’s main street and close to some of the area’s best cafes and restaurants. With a cool climate perfect for exploring nature, guests can choose from a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, rock climbing, rafting, hot springs and coffee farm tours, or relax in Selina, by the peaceful river that runs through the hotel. With this location, Selina demonstrates her continued commitment to the country and community where she got her start. On-site facilities include a beautiful wellness area, the only coworking space in town, a restaurant, a garden, a communal kitchen and a snack-and-go.
- Selina Washington, D.C., UNITED STATES: Selina Union Market is home to 106 mixed accommodation rooms, including suites, standard rooms, micro rooms, and shared-style accommodations. Each space allows guests to customize their stay to suit their privacy, comfort and budget preferences – a unique lodging experience that the average hotel does not offer. The property also includes several open-air coworking spaces and private meeting rooms, an all-day restaurant, four artist studios for rent, a cinema room, a communal kitchen, an on-site wellness studio , a downstairs cellar for dancing, and an expansive rooftop with stunning city views and amazing cocktails.
- Selina Agafay, Morocco: Nestled in the heart of the Atlas Mountains just 30 kilometers south of Marrakech, Selina Nomad Camp Agafay offers an oasis of peace and tranquility in the desert. You can enjoy the peace while hiking through the mountains, visiting local Berber villages or enjoying a hot air balloon or camel ride. Adrenaline seekers can ride the dunes by quad or buggy to appreciate the natural beauty of the desert. Selina’s rustic glamping accommodations allow visitors to sleep under the stars and connect with nature, with several tents featuring private pools. Other on-site features include a restaurant and bar, two pools, coworking space, communal kitchen, massage tents, and a yoga tent.
- Selina Desert Garden, Israel: A nature adventure like no other, Selina Desert Garden Ramon offers guests a unique lodging experience inside the Ramon Crater – the largest erosion crater in Israel. With 20 glamping tents scattered throughout the property and a large Bedouin tent, guests can enjoy a serene getaway in nature away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. On-site features include outdoor lounges, a cafe, a pizza bar, plunge pools, a tour desk, and a dedicated wellness area. You can enjoy a delicious dinner at the restaurant on the weekends or contact the hotel to book in advance and treat yourself to a mid-week meal.
- Selina MetulaIsrael: Wander off the beaten track to the remote town of Metula, Selina’s destination at Israel’s northernmost point. Set amidst the sweeping landscapes of Mount Hermon, Israel’s only ski resort, Mantur Metula sits on bustling Harishonim Street in the heart of this red-roofed city, surrounded by fruit trees and a peaceful stream. With historic sites, local cuisine, fascinating waterfalls and an orchard right next to Selina Metula, visitors don’t have to go far to find adventure. On-site facilities include a restaurant and bar, swimming pool, cinema room and spa and wellness area, as well as the city’s only coworking space.
About BOA Acquisition Corp.
BOA Acquisition Corp. is a blank check corporation newly organized for the purpose of effecting a merger, stock exchange, asset acquisition, stock purchase, reorganization or similar business combination with one or more businesses. Although BOA may pursue an initial business combination objective in any business or industry, it intends to focus its research on companies that provide technology solutions and innovation to the real estate industry in wider.
Selina is one of the world’s leading lifestyle and experience hospitality brands, designed to meet the needs of millennial and Gen Z travelers, combining beautifully designed accommodation with coworking experiences , recreation, wellness and local. Tailor-made for today’s nomadic traveler, Selina offers customers a global infrastructure to seamlessly travel and work abroad. Founded in 2014, each Selina property is designed in partnership with local artists, designers and tastemakers, breathing new life into existing buildings in interesting locations around the world – from urban cities to secluded beaches and jungles. Selina’s portfolio includes over 163 open or secured properties in 25 countries and 6 continents. On December 2, 2021, Selina entered into a definitive merger agreement with BOA Acquisition Corp. (NYSE: BOAS), the closing of which, subject to customary conditions, will make Selina a publicly traded company. For more information about Selina, visit www.selina.com or check out @selina on Instagram, Twitter or facebook. To explore Selina real estate partnership opportunities, please contact [email protected].